PS Audio PerfectWave DAC

The Monkey

The PWD has raised my whole rig to a whole new level of realism and refinement. Finally, for the first time my rig sounds like the ones I would hear at CanJam and wondered what I was missing that their rig had.

I'm excited by the fact that there are even more improvements to be made if I wanted or could afford it, but I wouldn't even know what the next noticeable step up would be in a DAC. I've been listening to the loaner Luxman P-1u amp since the weekend, and I can more easily hear the differences in comparing amps when the PWD is my source than when I substitute a lesser DAC in it's place. The "source first" guys may be on to something after all. I still would love to own a P-1u though, as the treble is just a little sweeter than with my ZDT/Sylvania gold pin 5751. Time to tube roll again... :D

Maybe someone will have a PWD at CanJam, and you could get a listen to one there?

Thanks for the info. I'm sure that I can borrow one sooner or later. I'm also sure that there will be one at CanJam, but unfortunately I won't be.

Not to mention that I'm considering the PWD for my speaker rig so that how it sounds with a headphone rig has little bearing on my intended application

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic