Hardware for using Google Voice on a Mac.

Hi there, H-C. Yesterday, while I was on a photo shoot, my beloved Blackberry grew legs and took off (FML). I've been in damage control mode for the last 20 or so hours (shutting off the phone, changing a fuck-ton of passwords.) Now I'm moving on to regaining ground so to speak.

I have a Google Voice number, and had the GV app for my BB. I also have a Vonage box left over from when I was a customer of theirs. My understanding is that the Vonage only works with their service. It might be hackable, but that's really not my forte. What I'd like is similar box, something with an ethernet (or USB) jack and an RJ11 jack. Failing that, a hardware phone with a USB port that will make nice with Google Voice on a Mac. A geek friend of mine said "any SIP compatible phone should work with GV" but did not elaborate much beyond that. :palm:

Any head-casers have experience with Google Voice and external hardware, particularly on a Mac?

I no longer have a copper landline, but I have a number of analogue phones still. The extent to which I used GV with the BB was largely proof-of-concept. I got it to work and then didn't use it again. I never got it to work with my Macintop. I'm currently phone-less until I go to the (not-so) local T-Mobile store, get a new SIM card and get my clunky old Nokia flip phone working again. What I'd like to be able to do is use one of my old analogue phones (or if I must, a new SIP phone) with Google Voice and my MacBook (and soon-to-be-purchased Mac desktop.)