Drobo: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

so last night I got through transferring all my music to my new drobo. this morning I wake up and it is in standby mode, unrecognized by Windows 7. I couldn't get it to mount by unplugging the USB cable, trying different USB ports, different USB cable. so I shut down my computer and power cycle the drobo. it comes back on fine, all green lights lit up, etc, but windows still won't recognize it. I get bad USB device errors when I plug it in.

I'm currently scouring the Internet for solutions, and have tried lots of typical solutions, though I haven't power cycled the drobo again for fear of corruption (which might be what is already going on anyway).

the screwed up thing is I can't get drobo back into standby mode, not via the dashboard (doesn't recognize), nor via unplugging the USB cord and powering off the computer.

so I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in this area. I was just about to start backing up to my blacx tonight. :(

A good forum:

Drobo Forums

Also, Drobo's support team is good at helping with these types of things. I've had good luck with them in the past.

Powering down / unplugging should not by itself erase anything from my experience. Never used in W7 though.

I would shut down, unplug the drobo (usb and power cables), reboot then plug in the drobo and turn back on.

^^^this worked. thanks man! time to get to work backing shit up.

thanks for the link thrice, I'll try that if I run into anymore trouble.