Onion News Network on IFC

NightWoundsTime

Just watched the first epispode of the new half hour Onion News Network show on IFC. Slightly different tone than I ever noticed on the website, as they've recast the network into something of an alternate universe where political correctness never happened and brutal honesty is the norm. Add in a mild dystopian vibe, such as the Network having access to cameras "watching over 80% of the world's population." Much more consistent writing than the video section of The Onion, every story in the pilot was hilarious.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a big fan of The Onion for many years. These episodes need rewatching, there is so many things that they are putting on the bottom of the screen that I miss because I am caught up in what they are saying. I think that the writing is tighter than The Onion Movie. Shows probably wont last too long, but I enjoy them while they are here.

Cheers,

I think my friend nailed my own feelings last night when I had him watch the pilot of Portlandia. His comment, "I really want to hurt these people". Every character deserves a good punch in the face.

WHOLE FOODS IS COR

POR

EEEET

ON A BIKE ON A BIKE ON A BIIIIIKEE!!

Watched more ONN Friday night. Funny stuff, especially for me who despises all cable news networks with great passion.

Edited by postjack