funny $hit

tiberian

Actually if you are marketing an amp (or modding an amp) you shouldn?t be writing about any amps.

You're automatically assuming that everyone's biased to one particular amp if that person happens to mod the odd one occasionally and therefore shouldn't be allowed to comment on any other amps. Absolute hogwash. The majority of amps I "mod" are not even current production (X-CAN V2) and I've been modding the things for longer than bloody Head-Fi has been in existence (started in around 1996) I've always prided myself on my ear, and more importantly, on my impartiality and always give my honest opinion on an amp's attributes and not once with any monetary, underhanded, motive. Many people have asked me what I think of XYZ amp compared to the X-CAN and usually I'll tell them that I think XYZ amp is better than the X-CAN.... I'm not in this to deceive people (like quite a few people seem to be) and pride myself on my honesty, impartiality and professionalism when it comes to this hobby.

To be labelled a member of the trade is, in effect, being silenced with the assumption that anything you say about an amp from here on in will be for your own financial gain.... that's what upset me, nothing else, the fact that these people automatically assume behaves the same way as they do and is only out to line their pockets. I find that highly offensive and absolutely untrue.

Methinks that Pink has anger issues. Pink should feel free to speak his mind here, but shouldn?t be surprised when people do likewise.

Think what you like but let me tell you you're wrong on the "anger issue" bit. I speak my mind everywhere, why should I be surprised if others do? You think I live in a bubble wrapped up in cotton wool or something? Try me ;)

You're automatically assuming that everyone's biased to one particular amp if that person happens to mod the odd one occasionally and therefore shouldn't be allowed to comment on any other amps. Absolute hogwash. The majority of amps I "mod" are not even current production (X-CAN V2) and I've been modding the things for longer than bloody Head-Fi has been in existence (started in around 1996) I've always prided myself on my ear, and more importantly, on my impartiality and always give my honest opinion on an amp's attributes and not once with any monetary, underhanded, motive. Many people have asked me what I think of XYZ amp compared to the X-CAN and usually I'll tell them that I think XYZ amp is better than the X-CAN.... I'm not in this to deceive people (like quite a few people seem to be) and pride myself on my honesty, impartiality and professionalism when it comes to this hobby.

To be labelled a member of the trade is, in effect, being silenced with the assumption that anything you say about an amp from here on in will be for your own financial gain.... that's what upset me, nothing else, the fact that these people automatically assume everyone behaves the same way as they do and is only out to line their pockets. I find that highly offensive and absolutely untrue.

Think what you like but let me tell you you're wrong on the "anger issue" bit. I speak my mind everywhere, why should I be surprised if others do? You think I live in a bubble wrapped up in cotton wool or something? Try me ;)

For what its worth I'm pretty sure BennyBoy is doing the mods for just cost (which also might have pissed off PinkFloyd as he had something in his sig about not having any affiliation with BennyBoy mods). I asked BennyBoy about modding a Xcanv2, and he turned me down but said he would do a v3 for just the cost of parts/russian tubes. He has also offered to repair equipment for members for just the cost of shipping.

Just to clarify what you're "pretty sure" about (totally wrong by the way) Bennyboy is actually a member over at my forum with the custom title "Custom X-CAN Modder extraordinaire" (I gave him that) any enquiries I get from the US I pass on to Benny (and, before you ask or insinuate.... not a money thing) so there, that's the real deal on that one. Feel free to check him out http://rockgrotto.proboards39.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=bennyboy

Guest sacd lover

And still no MOT tag for this dumbass Sovkiller, official Rudistor "distributor" for US and Canada and unofficial Ultrasone shill...

Head-Fi's just a fucking marketing platform now, but you all know that. Also i was a bit tired of the "Disneyland approved" atmosphere, when the tight ass moderating staff is afraid of the smallest controversy.

Very good idea this Head-Case forum!

Aaron, on head-fi assured me .... and probably you too .... in the thread where you called sovkiller out .... that they would be addressing the MOT status for many members including sovkiller. That was weeks ago and still nothing. Maybe Aaron would like to respond. At this point you see someone can be made a MOT in the blink of an eye. But someone who is the ACKNOWLEDGED Rudistor distributor is still not designated a MOT? ???

You do and don't have reasons to be pissed. You don't have reason to be pissed that they made you a MOT and since you are a MOT you are not supposed to write about that which you trade i.e. Amps. The rules is da rules. You can?t expect the MODs to determine who is being biased and who?s not. If you mod amps and sell your services as a modifier then you are a MOT and as such shouldn?t write about your products or any products that could ever be perceived as being a competitor. This means if you sell or mod amplifiers you shouldn?t write about amplifiers. I know it sucks but them is the rules.

What you do have a right to be pissed about is the arbitrary manner in which they enforce the rules. This is my biggest complaint about Head-Fi.

I believe that just having the MOT status should be enough of a warning to members that what a poster is saying might be biased. It is a fairly safe assumption that a MOT is probably biased concerning his own product, therefore everything they write concerning the subject should be viewed as being biased. This is not adequate for the thought police over at head-fi. They have to be dicks about such things. It?s their playground and they set the rules.

To be labelled a member of the trade is, in effect, being silenced with the assumption that anything you say about an amp from here on in will be for your own financial gain.... that's what upset me, nothing else, the fact that these people automatically assume behaves the same way as they do and is only out to line their pockets. I find that highly offensive and absolutely untrue.

This means if you sell or mod amplifiers you shouldn?t write about amplifiers. I know it sucks but them is the rules.

I disagree. Modding is totally different to producing and selling a competitive product. The DIY community shares ideas (and I've shared a hell of a lot) and it is only by tweaking and discussion that the DIY community continues to flourish. If everyone were silenced then who's left? The commercial manufacturers, the fanboys..... very shallow and not much will be learnt reading fanboy posts.