Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kevin gilmore

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kevin gilmore

  1. you bet its a turd. But its only $79.99 For that price it still beats the crap out of anything 20 times that much money. The real klone sounds a fair amount better. And that is what I get for releasing the schematics and making it easy to copy. I wonder if I release the liquid gold schematics if they would do the same thing
  2. looks like the same pins as the teflon sockets, so if that is what you got it should be ok for both sockets
  3. and I do not think they will fit the board. Maybe the 8 pin sockets can be made to fit, but not the 9 pin.
  4. mjf parts do not need heatsinking
  5. I use the thermasil ones. you use insulators to get good thermal transfer. The heatsinks are isolated from everything, so you don't even need insulators, but if you use thermasil or other conforming ones you get better thermal transfer. Even if there is a short between the case of the transistor and the heatsink its ok, as long as you don't touch the heatsink I'm pretty sure this is the one I used mouser part number 567-175-6-310P
  6. same thing, just a voltage protector.
  7. schematic has not changed in forever http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/t2schem.pdf
  8. i used .125 inch material. which is standard in the usa. thicker should work if you machine a bit more off the transistor edge.
  9. dalbani guaranteed to be the fakes that birgir and I returned. 2sa1486 works, just flip it around. stn9360 works if you make (or someone makes) the little adapter board
  10. One of the members of our work team retired early. And I completely understand why. So if I had any free time left, which I already did not, I certainly do not now. Plus if I use my preferred vendor I pay Illinois sales tax. Its stupid for me to have boards made.
  11. if its just one channel, likely a noisy input that340. if its both channels, you can reduce the overall gain.
  12. the power supplies definitely have different noise spectral densities. whether they actually sound different is very hard to tell. The one with the TO3 transistors has better voltage regulation.
  13. lead spacing on those is 3.5mm. but these are the ones I think I used mouser # 581-SR205E104M
  14. not really. BH is grounded grid drive. a fair bit more linear in the output stage. And a bunch more parts.
  15. either file the pins a bit, or heat up the pins one at a time and push into the board. really should be flush.
  16. fixed in the next production run.
  17. panel bushing for the front panel. look at the original diy pictures.
  18. board is rk50 or dact. both work with a .25 inch coupler
  19. ksa5 was produced with both power supplies.
  20. its dc coupled where it counts. the ac coupled part is very high and constant impedance. nothing wrong with open architecture. as long as there are no kids or pets around
  21. heavily anodized. no color changing here...
  22. custom casting of vertical heatsink that size brutally expensive. and while it is more efficient, it is not not that much more efficient.
  23. dual transistor version http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgst2.jpg
  24. kevin gilmore posted a topic in TV
    remake of cosmos on fox sunday nights produced by Seth McFarlane staring Neil deGrasse Tyson promises to be 13 episodes of pure eye candy
  25. prototype drives O2's very nicely.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.