February 13, 20197 yr comment_801788 I think the GS-X Mini would be a great choice for the Utopia. As good as the ZH1ES is, it isn't as transparent as the GS-X / or the mini Dynalo that I have. Less dynamic sounding too. However, you can buy the ZH1ES used for less than $1500 and you are about 85-90% there to the GSX Mini and you don't need to get another DAC. If you need a cheap but very good DAC, I highly recommended the SMSL SU-8 1.2 version DAC. For $250 off Amazon, it offers a really good sound for cheap. No harshness that I could detect either. Report
February 19, 20197 yr comment_802103 Purk if the TA-ZH1ES is 85% of the GXS mini + Yggy that must sounds mind blowing as the Sony just arrived and I find it outstanding Report
February 19, 20197 yr Author comment_802104 Purk if the TA-ZH1ES is 85% of the GXS mini + Yggy that must sounds mind blowing as the Sony just arrived and I find it outstanding I have not heard those either, but I do agree regarding the Sony TA-ZH1ES. I find it pairs really well with the Audio Technica W1000Z. The W3000anv are in storage so I can post any thoughts on those. It also pairs well with the HD800S Report
February 21, 20197 yr comment_802195 On 2/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, jp11801 said: Purk if the TA-ZH1ES is 85% of the GXS mini + Yggy that must sounds mind blowing as the Sony just arrived and I find it outstanding Glad you are liking it. I hope you did get it for a good price. I think the DAC is an after thought however. Wish the line level out is always active though. Report
February 23, 20197 yr comment_802315 I got it for a decent price and will likely have if for a while so if I resell close to this I'd be happy. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.