So close to perfection, then...

earwicker7

For what it's worth, I'm not talking anything totally outlandish here. I'm thinking maybe 4' by 4', just enough room for me, a small chair (with beer holder, of course) and the rack. Well, there was originally an outlandish idea... kind of a coffin type enclosure with 4 or 5 inches of that memory foam on the floor so that I could just lie down and float along with the music. But then I realized that drinking beer while lying down could kind of suck.

It's just SO painful to be at that almost orgasmic point where your music sounds so good and have it go downhill because of some sonic interruption. I figure that, as mentioned in a post above, this would allow me to escape to my own little world where I can listen to music in perfect silence. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I'm thinking maybe 4' by 4', just enough room for me, a small chair (with beer holder, of course) and the rack.

If you do it, I would put the rack outside and have a small hole just for the headphone cable to run through since any noise from your source and amp (if it makes any) will only get heightened and amplified in that dead quiet listening isolation booth.

If you do it, I would put the rack outside and have a small hole just for the headphone cable to run through since any noise from your source and amp (if it makes any) will only get heightened and amplified in that dead quiet listening isolation booth.

Good point, this had crossed my mind, but I was kind of brushing it off as "Eh, won't be that bad." You're right though... shouldn't take a chance.

Good point, this had crossed my mind, but I was kind of brushing it off as "Eh, won't be that bad." You're right though... shouldn't take a chance.

Please don't do this. As much as agree with your desire form an escape to sonic bliss, no one who comes to visit you will understand what you are doing. Try to envision this scenario, your daughter has a friend over for a play date. That friend goes home and that night tells her mommy and daddy over dinner " so and so's Daddy has a small room in the corner where he sits there by himself for hours. There is nothing in the room but a small chair and the room has one window." I am sure the investigating officers will be audiophiles and love to listen to your Senns and the rest of your system but in case they aren't you will have some 'splainin to do.

Please don't do this. As much as agree with your desire form an escape to sonic bliss, no one who comes to visit you will understand what you are doing. Try to envision this scenario, your daughter has a friend over for a play date. That friend goes home and that night tells her mommy and daddy over dinner " so and so's Daddy has a small room in the corner where he sits there by himself for hours. There is nothing in the room but a small chair and the room has one window." I am sure the investigating officers will be audiophiles and love to listen to your Senns and the rest of your system but in case they aren't you will have some 'splainin to do.

Thanks for the concern, but I raise my daughter to care about what she thinks about herself, not what others think about her. Ditto for myself; if some busybodies want to spend their time thinking I'm abnormal, more power to them, it's time that they will put to good use staying away from me.

By the way, the authorities have been to my house, as I called child protective services on my deadbeat ex when she was neglecting my daughter. They had to examine my place just to follow protocol. I passed with flying colors.

Don't read this as me trying to be a smart-ass; you make a fair point. I'm just going to do things my way, though. Everyone already thinks I'm a freak--I have bright red hair, tattoos down to my wrists, etc. I'm fine with this; I like being a freak. But this doesn't have any negative effects on my daughter that I can see... she is at the top of her class academically and is in the "cool" clique with all the future supermodels and male hunks, the kind of kids that would never have hung out with me in gradeschool. Plus, all of her friends think she has the coolest dad ever; you'd be surprised how bored kids are with "normal" parents ;)