Upgraded my motherboard, reformatted, can't see my second PATA hardrive?

I upgraded my motherboard recently. Backed up everything that was on my C drive (Windows boot drive, main drive) then proceeded to reinstall Windows XP.

My setup is 2 PATA hardrives sharing the same ribbon cable on one channel. A DVDRW drive on another channel.

2x SATA drives using a RAID card.

After installing the RAID card drivers those hardrives worked fine. My main C drive works fine. But I can't get the second slave PATA drive to show up in Windows. I've tried Admin Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management, which usually works fine. But this time it's not even showing up as a hidden drive.

The second PATA drive is set to cable select (I believe) and I haven't changed any of the jumpers since reformatting. The Molex cable is connected.

Anything else I might be missing?

Check that you don't have the ribbon flipped 180 deg, some have a locater pin, some don't and I've actually done this before. Otherwise it just becomes a list of the simple things that can go wrong, no power to the drive, incorrect jumper settings, ect.

Is the bios seeing the drive? That also might tell you a lot.

JBL: no jumper settings were changed

Nate: I checked BIOS and the primary slave drive was set for auto. Changing it to manual didn't do anything. BIOS was able to read my primary master © and secondary master (DVD-RW drive).

I then swapped the Molex cable from my C to my PATA slave, and vice versa and the computer still booted and loaded Windows fine. So that Molex connector isn't a dud.

I'm now going to do what I hoped I wouldn't have to do (lol). Take the entire locking HD mechanism out, which requires me to remove a 120mm fan and mess with my pretty wiring. And try out different jumper settings and swapping the IDE cable out.

I am overclocking the shit out of this thing, but I'm not sure if this can lead to unstable 5v rails? ??? And if so would this have any effect on that one drive?