Dealer soliciting via PM on another forum

iceman94

I stumbled across this thread on Audiocircle- http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=44200.0

Any thoughts? I'm not that bothered by the initial complaint/premise of the thread, but the way so many people bashed the OP for calling out this behavior seriously disturbs me. Echoes of another place? (at least this time the mods aren't into it- visibily, anyway)

I guess it depends how good the special pricing is -- if it was (a) something I was going to buy anyway, and (B) I could be sure that I was getting the same quality product as I would be if I got it through whatever other channels I was considering (I.E. if he was claiming it was new, and I was considering buying it new, it better come with a valid warrantee), I wouldn't be bothered. But as you so astutely pointed out, it does echo of activities of that other asshat-infested place, so...(shudders)...I don't know if I'd take them up on the offer. But yeah, it's like the PM-equivalent of spam. Why don't they just post publicly?

I actually like a lot of the vendor-driven aspect of Audiocircle, because a.) you get a different vendor bias than Audiogon/Asylum, b.) you get access to more custom/down-to-earth/direct-sale vendors that have cool stuff, and c.) you see up-and-coming stuff in progress, like the Modwright Transporter.

My main point was the sheep-like defense of the vendor/knee-jerk bash of the OP. I don't really mind the vendor's behavior that much, but the way these people just piled on the OP for what could be a reasonable, understandable complaint is scary. Good news is that one of the "Facilitators" sees this too.

I actually like a lot of the vendor-driven aspect of Audiocircle, because a.) you get a different vendor bias than Audiogon/Asylum, b.) you get access to more custom/down-to-earth/direct-sale vendors that have cool stuff, and c.) you see up-and-coming stuff in progress, like the Modwright Transporter.

My main point was the sheep-like defense of the vendor/knee-jerk bash of the OP. I don't really mind the vendor's behavior that much, but the way these people just piled on the OP for what could be a reasonable, understandable complaint is scary. Good news is that one of the "Facilitators" sees this too.

Oh, okay, I didn't read the whole thread...sorry...I got overwhelmed when I frequented there...