Release: ATH-ESW9

Nanoha

Watch out there Nanaoha. Whats this shit about the older generation dude. I'm an old fart (54 and still rock'n) and all of my cans are portable. I stumbled into this portable craze at the age of 53 and went apeshit the last year. Wife just shakes her head and frowns but who gives a shit. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I may have a witty name but I have no wit.

Yesterday, I got a albeit brief chance with the ESW9, and I walked away very underwhelmed. The sound definitely was closer to the ES7 than the other AT woodies. For $300, I expect more sound.

The ESW9s are great for acoustic music and vocals. I would not think they are so good with congested music, heavy on the distortion and hard rock like sounds.

I agree with slwiser's comments. Anything more complicated than acoustic or vocals, you'll get a glob of mess. Unless you really want a portable woody, I'd go with the ES7 instead.

After re-reading your post, you are correct. We probably are a small group when it comes to listening to music on the go, but if some of my friends and co-workers are any indication, the numbers are growing.

Hehe, no hard feelings. I was just somewhat confused and wasn't sure if I said anything offensive. *slaps self*