nenso = a noob supreme

Nenso

I'm playing War3x, Oblivion, .hack//roots Vol.1, KH2 for ps2, Dragoneer's Aria for PSP, FFI/FFII/FFTactics on psp, and Metal Gear Portable+ on psp too (I went to the states and bought a bunch of psp games lol) I haven't played console games for a long time so I'm trying to catch up =\

hey, when did you get those ADAMs, David? liking them?

i got them about a month ago and i love them. i wanted some nearfield speakers so that I could put them close to the wall and not have to worry about it (room is small). i tried a bunch of nearfield speakers out before settling on these, especially considering their price, and they're quite good for the money ($1k-ish). unfortunately i haven't been using them too much lately with all the shit that's going on in my life, but i'm hoping that i don't have to sell them off, because money has become quite a problem lately.

my big moment of revelation, for this month, was St. Vincent. i listened to it dozens of times on HD-650s, but i hadn't actually heard it until i got my system back together.

i hear you, when i first got the speakers, i warmed them up with some NIN and I was only doing some half-assed listening, but there were moments when I was like, "wait...what the fuck was that? i've never heard that before." i can't imagine how much better things can get as you move up the speaker line.

why bother, when we already have a thread for this? might as well chew the fat and shoot the shit.

heh thats true

i hear you, when i first got the speakers, i warmed them up with some NIN and I was only doing some half-assed listening, but there were moments when I was like, "wait...what the fuck was that? i've never heard that before." i can't imagine how much better things can get as you move up the speaker line.

ya know, when i was listening to my dads speakers a lot during the break when I realized that headphones have one advantage over speakers. INTIMACY!!! Its quite nice to have the singer's voice right next to you instead of being kinda far away. but yea, everything else, especially in symphonies, speakers kick major ass

ya know, when i was listening to my dads speakers a lot during the break when I realized that headphones have one advantage over speakers. INTIMACY!!! Its quite nice to have the singer's voice right next to you instead of being kinda far away. but yea, everything else, especially in symphonies, speakers kick major ass

that's true, but being that my speakers are designed for nearfield listening, you still get a lot of that same intimacy from them, maybe not as much as from my hd580s, but there's enough of it there that i'd rather use my ADAMs than my headphones, as much as i love the lunchbox.

that's true, but being that my speakers are designed for nearfield listening, you still get a lot of that same intimacy from them, maybe not as much as from my hd580s, but there's enough of it there that i'd rather use my ADAMs than my headphones, as much as i love the lunchbox.

I need to try some nearfield speakers. Full size speakers have that nice power to them, but it feels like sitting in the back balcony sometimes :(

if i'm being harsh, it's only because i once believed the same things you're saying, jinp. i'm just trying to show you the error of your ways, so you don't have to waste any more money on ear doodad thingies :)

hmm it might just be that I dont like the B&Ws :P I kinda think they sound like super senns. Big sound and laid back

I like the Wilson speakers better :P