Attn Gov't Mule fans, what do you recommend?

bjw

Hey there any Mule fans,

I picked up a copy of Deepest End this weekend (2 disc live + Dvd) - wow. For some reason I have never really given them a good listen and now am kicking myself for skipping them when they were in town last go round.

Anyway, I am going to pick up more. Any recommendations as to what my next purchase should be?

Thanks!

If you want more like deepest end, then yes, deep end vol 1 and 2, and wintertime blues.

If you want more power, live at roseland and live with a little help from our friends.

If you want more jammy, then the more recent stuff.

Mule from 00 and before = power trio, think mountain and cream

"Deep End" Mule = mule searching for what they were gonna be in the post allen woody era

Recent Mule = hippy crap ;)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I was looking at muletracks.com and the top show (not sure how it is rated) that you can purchase/dl is a NYE show with a bunch of hendrix and beatles songs (and even a morning dew for good measure). Have you heard that show yet?

How is the SQ of those shows? Sometimes I find the shows I have picked up from nugs.net are a little rough around the edges - to be expected since it is a straight board feed without any studio mixing.

...but damn, that NYE show looks like a nice setlist.

(not sure what you mean by "jammy hippie crap" exactly either - I assume just longer jams?)

Thanks again Grawk and Dusty :)

Hey there any Mule fans,

I picked up a copy of Deepest End this weekend (2 disc live + Dvd) - wow.

I was there, man. :) One of the all time great shows I've seen.

I think Dose is a spectacular studio effort. I have not even listened to Deja Voodoo or High & Mighty.

What year is the show? I've got a few [blatant self promotion]extremely well recorded[/blatant self promotion] mule shows from the allen woody era I might be able to set you up with... :)

Ok, I just looked at muletracks. I don't know anything significant about recent mule. Stopped being what I was into when they settled on the new lineup.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I was looking at muletracks.com and the top show (not sure how it is rated) that you can purchase/dl is a NYE show with a bunch of hendrix and beatles songs (and even a morning dew for good measure). Have you heard that show yet?

How is the SQ of those shows? Sometimes I find the shows I have picked up from nugs.net are a little rough around the edges - to be expected since it is a straight board feed without any studio mixing.

...but damn, that NYE show looks like a nice setlist.

(not sure what you mean by "jammy hippie crap" exactly either - I assume just longer jams?)

Thanks again Grawk and Dusty :)

ah ok, thanks again grawk! I owe you a beer (or 8 ) :)

I like the trio sound - reminds me of a darker version of cream or something. Love Woody's presence in this Roseland disc. On my second listen already... w00t.

You really should listen to those 3 shows I linked you to. I think they were peaking when allen died.