'08 NFL Draft

tkam

I've been more or less following it. I'm glad that Pats have finally decided to add some young blood to their older-than-dinosaur linebacker corp, I think this is the first time since Katzenmoyer in '99 that they've used a first-day pick on a linebacker. Of course, time will tell whether Mayo works out for them, but at this point, I like the pick.

There have been some surprises, like Joe Flacco getting picked in the 1st round.

EDIT - Yeah, Mendenhall is a nice pick for the Steelers. One can never have enough quality backs these days.

Whew...10 USC players drafted! I found it pretty funny that some of the NFL network guys considered JD Booty one of the dumbest QB's in the draft, such a conclusion certainly speaks to his decision to stay in the game vs. Stanford. I'll be shocked if he does that well in the NFL, as USC generally won despite him, and Leinart has been a bust for the most part, he pwned Booty at 'SC.

I also found it rather amusing that Cincinnati drafted Jason Shirley from Fresno State. This guy is a serious troublemaker, kicked off the team due to his numerous arrests ranging from drunk driving to hit and run. Just what orange jumpsuits from the 'Nati needed.