When politicians capitulate...

humanflyz

I'm sorry if this is the wrong venue for what I'm about to say, or if this is inappropriate, but I'm just about fucking fed up with this Democratic Congress. What pushed me over the top was the FISA bill: if you haven't heard, the Senate passed FISA with the immunity provision. Now, as a self-professed liberal, I am fucking sick and tired of the current Democratic leadership. Time and time again they fucking capitulate and bend over for their opponents. When the fuck are they ever going to fucking grow some balls and stand up for once?!?! Man, I thought I was pretty skeptical about government when I was in school, but working in DC around the Hill has made me even more cynical about the process. And I fucking love how Pelosi is pitching this as an "important" political compromise: what fucking compromise? what fucking victory? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, working around the Hill knew that the Democrats were going to give into the telecomms, but yet the leadership is pitching this as a fucking victory? WHAT THE FUCK?! And this is not simply about a Democratic or liberal issue--it's about politics in general. Take, for instance, today's Senate vote on Medicare appropriation for next year. The Republicans have been stonewalling it for days, publicly and insistently, threatening filibuster. But what happens today? 69 votes, overriding cloture and veto. I'm just sick and tired of watching politicians refusing to take a goddamn stand on their principles. And if this is inappropriate, the mods can delete it. I just felt like venting after watching this shit at work all day.

Pretty much every politician in DC is bought off and blackmailed by various business and special interest groups. If you expect them to do something for the benefit of the people you'll be sorely disappointed every single time, unless of course it has greater benefits for their lobby groups. The US government system is fundamentally broken, and this will not change until the people wake the fuck up and have a revolution.

I find it amazing that the Democratic Congress has lower favor with the American people than Dubya. People hate Dubya. That really says something to me.

As pathetic as they are, you'll still have a hard time finding anyone sane who actually thinks the Democratic Congress is worse than Bush...