Looking for smallish amps that can be wired with a 3.5 mm line out for a k271?

ph0rk

I am looking for a compact amp with a line out for my desk at work, so I can keep my crappy powered speakers plugged in too. Source is an iPhone 3g dock, headphones are most likely k271's, if not them, either DT770's or DT250's (I need to hear the k271 first).

So, assuming I go with the k271, I am guessing I'll want to err on the warm side of neutral, and I'd really prefer something with a small case and wall wart as "desk" and "office" are really words too strong to use for what they give us.

My understanding of the mini3 is that it isn't easily modified for a lineout (but I would be happy to be wrong - I love the mini3). Battery functionality isn't important, but small size is. What are my options? Cmoy, M^3, and CKKIII? Can the second two be shoehorned in a smaller case if they use an external transformer? Can someone work miracles with a mini3?

Budget is uncertain, but I'd be happy if it somehow miraculously stayed in the mini3 pricerange, but I'm an enthusiast and often drunk so nothing is certain.

Well, except that I prefer solid state and I'm too shaky to build it myself.

gilmore lite. just use an rca to mini adapter for the speakers from the loop out.

That would work, but I have a gilmore lite at home and only paid ~200 for it, so ~400 for a new one just doesn't feel right.

Of course, this could also be an opportunity to replace the glite at home with something nicer and take -that- to my campus office, but would have to wait a couple months for me to collect the scratch.

That's some pretty strange logic you've got going on there.

That's why I used the word "feel".

Of course, it isn't much different than the logic most Americans use to reason they should drive less because the same gas now costs more - it feels overpriced (whether or not it is). $400 is not insignificant (for me). I'm sure I'd snag another if i found one going for $200 used again. I don't think I'd pay that much for a new one, having heard both it an a mini3.

Brass ears, etc.