Amazon Headphone Sale

strid3r

Well received the DT770 Con 250ohm '05s today. They're a decent deal at the current price, but would suck anywhere approaching normal street, let alone MSRP. Not burned in, but even granting improvement will be behind several sub $200 closed cans including the A900 and HFI780 (two favorites around here I know!). Certainly congested and soft on top (while somehow also being peaky), but indeed several steps above the V6 and HD280, which I suppose are the competitors at the now $108. Weird phones, 'cause if they had a lower impedance they'd make decent carrying around phones. They're fine sounding for on the go, etc. Course you add an amp and the expectations and uses change.

Well received the DT770 Con 250ohm '05s today. They're a decent deal at the current price, but would suck anywhere approaching normal street, let alone MSRP. Not burned in, but even granting improvement will be behind several sub $200 closed cans including the A900 and HFI780 (two favorites around here I know!). Certainly congested and soft on top (while somehow also being peaky), but indeed several steps above the V6 and HD280, which I suppose are the competitors at the now $108. Weird phones, 'cause if they had a lower impedance they'd make decent carrying around phones. They're fine sounding for on the go, etc. Course you add an amp and the expectations and uses change.

Have you heard the older DT770? Would you consider the new versions bass monsters?

I haven't. And no, I wouldn't call them bass monsters and I'm more a listen than feel music kinda guy (hate most sub-woofers), so would guess I'm extra sensitive. The top is soft so maybe some would say the bottom sticks out a bit more, but in no way are these bass monsters. Must be a big difference between these and the Pros.