In 5-10 days...

Just got an email from a Stello distributor with the following "clarification" on the differences between the MKI and MKII plus some info on the DA100:

The da220mk2 has a new filter design and a little work done on the power supply and few little tweaks done to it.overall it is the same as the da220mk1 but not nothing like a da100

In the mk2 you will hear a overall better bass response with a deeper and wider soundstage and a little more air around the top end.i have used both mk1 and mk2, and the mk2is a improvement over the mk1.

Just so you know both dac?s are fully balanced.

He also said:

No the da100 is not the a singal ended ver of the da220.

The da220mk2 is a different animal all together.

Hmmm the response you got is/was a lot more readable then the one they sent me. Looks like you got someone that can clearly speak english and knows the product a good bit better then the response I got.

In any event, it appears the DA100 is a great performer in it's own right. Can't wait for your impressions. I specifically asked about the DA100 so I was a bit disappointed that he side stepped that unit and focused more on the DA220. Guess he's doing what he needs to in order to move the gear he has on hand. As he still doesn't have the DA100 yet, I guess it wasn't a priority for him. Yet, I think when you get yours and can give it a good listen, you can make some comparisons with the Lavry and since IronDreamer has the Stello DA220 and also owned the Lavry, we should be able to get a fair idea of the pecking order.

In any event, it appears the DA100 is a great performer in it's own right. Can't wait for your impressions. I specifically asked about the DA100 so I was a bit disappointed that he side stepped that unit and focused more on the DA220. Guess he's doing what he needs to in order to move the gear he has on hand. As he still doesn't have the DA100 yet, I guess it wasn't a priority for him. Yet, I think when you get yours and can give it a good listen, you can make some comparisons with the Lavry and since IronDreamer has the Stello DA220 and also owned the Lavry, we should be able to get a fair idea of the pecking order.

Thats salesmenship at its best ;) of course the newer one is bigger and better and the cheaper one clearly not as good :D

I am looking forward to it! They said it would be on its way by Friday... so I should have it some time towards the end of next week.

Thats salesmenship at its best ;) of course the newer one is bigger and better and the cheaper one clearly not as good :D

I am looking forward to it! They said it would be on its way by Friday... so I should have it some time towards the end of next week.

Just make sure you get it hooked up and going asap. Don't forget the camera!! Website pics are nice but man, let's see this baby in all its glory! Too bad we don't know anyone who has the amp as well. I can see that stack sitting on my nightstand taking FLAC files from my laptop/transit. Of course, I can also see the Lavry and DA220 MKII as well. :laugh:

Just make sure you get it hooked up and going asap. Don't forget the camera!! Website pics are nice but man, let's see this baby in all its glory! Too bad we don't know anyone who has the amp as well. I can see that stack sitting on my nightstand taking FLAC files from my laptop/transit. Of course, I can also see the Lavry and DA220 MKII as well. :laugh:

Easy solution. Suck it up and buy all 3... er 4. ;D

For now I am excited that my Cary AE-3 DJH preamp is showing up tomorrow... time to give my speaker rig some nice RCA VT231 lovin ;D

Easy solution. Suck it up and buy all 3... er 4. ;D

For now I am excited that my Cary AE-3 DJH preamp is showing up tomorrow... time to give my speaker rig some nice RCA VT231 lovin ;D

No need in my getting fired up over speakers again. Wife isn't budging and I have no energy for WWIII. Gonna stick with cans I guess.

No need in my getting fired up over speakers again. Wife isn't budging and I have no energy for WWIII. Gonna stick with cans I guess.

Last I checked it was the man that is supposed to be the head of the household ;)

... Helps that the woman in my life likes much of the same music as I do... that and she is genuinely interested in my hobby... even the cable making side ;D

Last I checked it was the man that is supposed to be the head of the household ;)

... Helps that the woman in my life likes much of the same music as I do... that and she is genuinely interested in my hobby... even the cable making side ;D

You're a lucky man GE. As for being the man of the house, well, I am but she decorates it. Speakers don't quite fit her idea of great decor. Hey, in marriage(23 years so far), it's all a matter of give and take. You also learn to pick your spots carefully. I figure I can make the "sacrifice" on speakers but when that new Hellcat is ready....well, that's MY SPOT! It's all a matter of priorities.....and being smart about things! >:D

I lived with the thing for 9 months... I know how it sounds... especially compared to my 1212m which I will have and use as a benchmark to test different DACs and sources. So that will not be a problem.

Don't make me come after you GE... Where's the new grins and your dammed website?

Don't make me come after you GE... Where's the new grins and your dammed website?

GE is currently burried in books and tests every day... in fact I will be gone from about August 1st to September 22nd or so with training in various places where I have to travel to. So that is also where the website currently is. I am too busy and will be for the next two months for it to be worthwhile to put up. I do not want to have to turn down my first few sales... I hate having to do that already.

Off to go play with DA100 and take some pics ;D