Vibram Five Fingers

matt fury

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reviving this thread because I picked up two pair of the Five Fingers yesterday, the Classic and the Performa Jane, both in black, after trying them on and loving them. I went to the gym today in the Classics and found that they really helped me do things I wasn't doing well at all, like balancing on the bosu (or whatever it's called) ball while trying to do squats and shoulder presses. My feet could just grab on. I couldn't do that in my regular shoes. On the not-so-good front, I also whacked my little toe climbing off the exercise bike, and that whole "just like being barefoot" thing was evident and not fun. I'm still not sure about wearing these out in public, and I think I probably should have gone one size larger (they're tight), but overall am glad I got them.

Did you go to a retail store or online? I've found that it really helps with the fit if you can try them on in store.

I love these, and they are good both for road running and gym stuff. There isn't really much of a mental adjustment if you just wear them indoors for gym stuff. However, if you do any type of outside running, then there is an initial mental disconnect. However, after one or two runs, and some soreness in your calves/heels, your body and mind will adjust. I ran a half marathon yesterday in my KSOs outside, and I felt fine.

I went to a local store. I'm just noticing that they're slightly tight in the right big toe and two small toes. The other toes have plenty of room, and I think having a little more room wouldn't change the overall fit, and be generally more comfortable. This is the Classic style. My Performa Janes are fine.

I just wore these to Costco and walked around for about two hours, then out into rain and puddles. They were very comfortable and the only thing weird is that you really notice temperature changes of the floor/ground. The guy selling tires wanted to know where I got them as his boxing coach had told him about them for training.

• 5 months later...

I'm a big fan of vibram five finger shoes. From all the reviews I read and heard, I'm really amazed of it. That's why I decided to have one for me to know the real benefit of it. I just bought yesterday a new pair of vibram. And for the coming days, I will start wearing it and expect the good things it will do to me! Excited.Yey! :D

-----

rmitch "Live life as if it was your last day"