Everything posted by Tyll Hertsens
-
6moons review - Headroom Maxxed out Desktop
I've actually tried to argue for it recently as a short term way to some incremental sales. But bottome line we can't afford to increase the inventory at the moment. It's a tough call. I think the odds have actually gone up recently of a stand alone DAC but they are still long. A DeskTop Balanced Amp is also a modest likelyhood. The most likely thing over the next 18 months is a tube amp, and even that's a bit of a long shot. As I said in the AirHead paid thread, we're working on a low cost line for two years or so from now and we're going to have to save a lot of buckies to pay for tooling up for 3 or 4 sexy plastic enclosures. Consequently we are not going to be doing anything that doesn't pay for itself quickly, however, of the three optional products mentioned above a DAC may have the fastest payback.
-
Balancing headphones. Yay or Nay: share your experience-->model/worth it?
OMG! Those are just sick. I've gotta think I missing the boat if I don't do a balanced desktop. At least for the Head-Fi crowd.
-
6moons review - Headroom Maxxed out Desktop
Actually, there was just room for that many connections and we have VERY long range planes to make things that stack (think FM tuner and Hard drive player, but long range--years.
-
6moons review - Headroom Maxxed out Desktop
Well, boys can like diamonds, too. And we're not bringing lumps of coal to the National Meet, that's for sure.
-
6moons review - Headroom Maxxed out Desktop
Ugh. :'( The only word there is I want one, and it's not on the horizon any time soon.
-
6moons review - Headroom Maxxed out Desktop
No way. Our amps have never been "tweaked" for any one headphone at all. Anytime we make a change it's because we've found something technically better.
-
6moons review - Headroom Maxxed out Desktop
Oh, really. Where are you getting your information?