Bitrate

ojnihs

So here's my problem.

I have a Powerbook G4 with 80 gigs of hard drive space on it. I have 672 songs in my iTunes library after clearing it out and it comes to a whopping 27 gigs because everything is ripped in ALAC. I recently sold my home gear because I just don't use it enough to warrant having it anymore and I need the money since I'm in college. I've been using my portable setup and my cheap ass computer speakers as of late. So basically it's onboard headphone jack for the speakers and my 3G 10 gig iPod. This leaves me with little space on my hard drive on both the computer and iPod, which is a problem cause I can't put anymore music on either, and I always want more. Also my iPod has pauses during songs because of the ALAC. I'm thinking of just ripping all of my ALAC files to 224 kbps AAC, since it saves a shit ton more space and also sounds pretty good. I'm just concerned that once I get my ety er4p's that 224 AAC just isn't going to cut it. Got any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Yeah I thought about going the external hard drive route but money is in a bit of a pinch right now, so I guess I'll wait on that till my birthday rolls around. I think in the meantime I'll just use the applescript and have my computer rip all of my music into 192 and transfer it into my iPod. Thanks guys.

Yeah, if I hadn't dumped so much $$$ into projects lately I'd be snatching up one of these. That'd be pretty much the tits for anyone running a wireless squeezebox setup (like me).

Yeah I use an airport express and a network drive would be sweet to have. Plus I love the LaCie products.