Extra PCB Space

dsavitsk

I am having some PCBs made, and I have a 3.5" x 3.9" spot left empty on the panel. If anyone has a small board they want made, and it will fit within that spot (that size or smaller), I am happy to add it.

Board will be 2oz copper and RoHS if that matters. Cost is Free. The only complication is that I am sending the order in late Sunday, or possibly very early Monday, so I'd need the files before then. I guess the other complication is that if you did not do the board in Eagle, there is no guarantee it will work. We'll see.

not done in eagle however.

If you can put te Gerbes into the following format, I might be able to get it to work.

*.drd = drills

*.bor = board outline

*.cmp = top copper

*.sol = bottom copper

*.plc = top silkscreen

*.stc = top solder mask

*.sts = bottom solder mask

I am using Gerbmerge to do the panelization.

Single or double sided? I might have something...

Double, but single will work, too..

I added it to the CAM processor on Eagle (20 dimension layer). At least I think it should have worked. I don't have a gerber viewer here at home (Mac), but have Gerbview at work. I suppose I could load it onto that PC I have in the basement. I may need to go into work today at some point anyhow.

But really, shouldn't the board house do the panelizing for you???

(without charging you a setup fee?)

Would be nice. The only one I know that will do the panelization is Olimex. But, they have started charging 5 EUR per design to do it. Plus, their panels are a little small for the price, and shipping takes forever -- I've waited 3 months for boards from them before.

Most places won't allow you to do multiple designs on one board, even if it is within their space requirements and they don't have to do panelization, or depanelization. I've managed to put multiple designs on a single board with both Advanced and Imagineering, but both said they generally charge extra for doing so. Gold Phoenix is the only one I have found that is more laissez-faire about the whole thing. Though, they have started adding rules, and increasing prices lately, so it is not the deal it once was. Anyhow, for Eagle files, the Gerbmerge software is relatively easy to use.