Adam F series

shellylh

Judging from the description the A series use a X-Art tweeter while in the F series "only" an Art tweeter is used. I guess if you value the X in your tweeters then by all means go with the A series.

I have also been eyeing those Adamses for my desktop. Seems like a good alternative for AirMotiv if you live in EU.

• 3 weeks later...

Shelly,

You should find your local Guitar Center and spend a little time auditioning some nearfields. Try and go during the week when it's not a zoo and get a sales guy to run through the speakers in your price range. It's kinda tough to be objective when you listen to a bunch so once you've whittled it down to a couple, go back in a week or so and listen to just those.

Just be aware that those listening rooms are heavily treated so the bass in particular is going to be tighter than it'll sound in a non treated room.

Their prices are what is generally considered normal street price but if you find a authorized dealer with a lower price, you can usually get them there for that price. It's nice to have a brick and mortar that will cover any warranty issues you might have (and that's always been the question with Adam's).