Portable high-ish res monitor?

I'm looking for something in the 900p to 1080p range that I can carry with me in a hard clam shell or something. Anyone know of anything? This is perfect, except ( a ) DisplayPort, and ( b ) 21 inches. I can probably find a way to carry 21 inches, and I can probably get a DisplayPort converter, but I thought I'd ask, first. Is there anything like what I want? I realize there are a bunch of smaller 768p, and they're even USB-powered, but that's usually just a tad too small. I'm currently using a 17", 1280x1024 desktop monitor, and that's perfectly fine. Cheap laptop with a similar size and resolution screen screen? Cost prohibitive, but if I can utilize the extra horsepower, I may do that anyway, and use my current laptop as the second monitor (I'm doing everything with VM's, so that's doable).

iPad? Don't know how that would work, but I'm sure there's something. I don't need anything to run on it other than the graphics.

Get used to using a Windows window manager?

Other thoughts?

What about using the stuff you already have and just get a case for the monitor? Lots of live shows and dj's use full desktop monitors now and there's plenty of folks willing to sell cases for moving that stuff around.

This link is for a 19" screen but it's just the first one I stumbled across.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/218211-899/g-monitor2-go19

If you decide to go with a hard case, Pelican can sell you a diy foam package to custom fit your screen. Nice thing about that is you have a nice case for other things too (remember the overhead dimensions rules).