Austin 100 SXSW 2015

ironbut

SXSW is happening next week (along with the beginning of the F1 season!) and considering how freakin many great sounds will be happening there, NPR has done us a fantastic service and given us a sampler of what to keep any ear open for.

(Full disclosure, I haven't actually listened to this but I plan to soon)

http://apps.npr.org/austin/

• Like 1

I was going to make a rational, grown-up post about what a great job SXSW does streaming concerts and what a bang up job Bob Boilen and the NPR gang do at relating the back stories,

but anyone who's been at a big music festival knows that there's just no way to "can" the vibe of being there for reals.

Maybe one of these days,..

• Like 1

Yeah, but on the other hand, I watched...who was that group that did the selfie song, The Chainsmokers? ...I watched a stream of them live, and after having attended Infected Mushroom live, I think I'd rather see a stream than attend anything techno related ever again.

But in general, yeah.

But also -- kudos to them -- better than nothing, yah?

I'm always stoked to see the "edgy" side of art/media let into the light of day. 

And while SXSW has gotten a little watered down over the years, it's good to see the organizers hearts are in the right place.

Anytime you're wondering if that's true, watch the Closing Remarks which is usually given by sci fi great Bruce Sterling.

• 2 weeks later...