Lennon MFSL Gold CDs

postjack

I've never listened to any solo Lennon, aside from of course the single "Imagine". I am hoping to explore his music further, and am looking into picking up Plastic Ono, Mind Games, and Imagine. There is much debate over at SH forums as to whether the MFSL Gold CD versions are acceptable, since they are remixes. An eBay seller (CD LTD) has tons of copies of all three for around $25 apiece shipped.

Feelings on remixes aside, I was wondering how folks here felt about the sound/sonics of the MFSL versions of the above three albums. If not the MFSLs, I'll probably hunt down some inexpensive vinyl versions. Or the new MFSL vinyls, but I heard new MFSL vinyl is noisy.

I am interested to hear the replies...

I've been thinking about purchasing one or two of those CDs.

You can also buy the Lennon MFSL CDs direct and I think it's the same price as eBay.

Also elusive disc has them as well (same price) and offers free shipping w/ your first order. They carry XRCDs too.

Listening to "Plastic Ono Band" MFSL right now, just got it in today. I've never heard the original, but I think it sounds great.

When the folks at SH said it was the remix and not the original master, I was thinking it would be a remix like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSVd9TD-E4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSVd9TD-E4

:):D;)

When the folks at SH said it was the remix and not the original master, I was thinking it would be a remix like this one...
Yeah, I go through that too, every time someone uses the word "remix" in that "more than just a remaster" sense. There should really be a different term for that, like remixdown.

PS R. Kelly hates Saw III. Likes Grados, though. Tolerates Ryan Adams, but I think that's just his public face being nice.

PS R. Kelly hates Saw III. Likes Grados, though. Tolerates Ryan Adams, but I think that's just his public face being nice.

Just wanted to share something cool that happened earlier today, and this seemed like the appropriate place to share it.

If you all remember, my RS-1s blew up a short time ago. Turns out John Grado was so concerned, he stopped by my place to check out my amp, to make sure all was well with it. Talk about customer service!

Anyway, out of nowhere he asked me if I liked the Saw movies, and I was like "hell yeah". I knew you all wouldn't believe me, so luckily John was cool enough to let me snap a quick pic:

johngradour2.jpg

Pretty cool that he gave the community a shout out. :)

I always liked Joe better.

Funny thing is, they both really talk like that.

The following conversation occured at the end of my viewing of Saw III:

Dusty: Well...that didn't exactly live up to the standards set by the first two.

Hirsch: That's one way of putting it.

Dusty: How would you put it?

Hirsch: It sucked.

Dusty: (LOLs)