Last day before yourmusic.com price increase

postjack

Just a reminder for those yourmusic members for whom the price increase didn't take effect on the first of the year: today is the last day to place an order at the $5.99 per cd price. I just got through wading through the entire rock/pop section A-Z, and have got myself a mighty full cart of music. And I haven't even thought about which Miles Davis boxed sets to get yet.

Buy every Miles boxset. Thank me later. Apology to your wallet in advance.

I had to make a lot of cuts from the cart, but you're right. I've been meaning to do this for months, and there is no better time then now, and there will never be a better deal on these boxed sets then now, at yourmusic. Here it is, lazily cut and pasted:

Stereolab: ABC Music...The Radio 1 Sessions Stereolab

ABC Music...The Radio 1 Sessions

$11.98

The Police: Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings The Police

Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings

$23.96

John Prine: John Prine John Prine

John Prine

$5.99

Miles Davis: The Cellar Door Sessions 1970 Miles Davis

The Cellar Door Sessions 1970

$35.94

Miles Davis: The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions Miles Davis

The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions

$29.95

Miles Davis: The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions Miles Davis

The Complete "Bitches Brew" Sessions

$23.96

Miles Davis: The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions Miles Davis

The Complete "In A Silent Way" Sessions

$17.97

Miles Davis: Quintet, 1965-1968 Miles Davis

Quintet, 1965-1968

$35.94

Miles Davis: Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings 1963-1964 Miles Davis

Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings 1963-1964

$41.93

Miles Davis & John Coltrane: The Complete Columbia Recordings Miles Davis & John Coltrane

The Complete Columbia Recordings

$35.94

R.E.M.: Murmur R.E.M.

Murmur

$5.99

SUBTOTAL: $269.55

That is a lot of Miles Davis. :P

I have the Complete Bitches Brew, Jack Johnson, and Cellar Door. All are very good, but I prefer the condensed version of Bitches Brew.

I'm tempted to activate again to get Miles and Coltrane and Complete Silent Way.

Keep in mind that if you activate now, you're price per CD will be $6.99. Still a great deal for the box sets, though.

Keep in mind that if you activate now, you're price per CD will be $6.99. Still a great deal for the box sets, though.

I just bought a very nice toy, so gotta hold off on purchasing for now. It should be another year for their next price hike so I'm in no hurry.

And they are still a great deal, those box sets are 2-3x more at the local Borders/Barnes and Noble.

Buy every Miles boxset. Thank me later. Apology to your wallet in advance.
Skip Montreux.

PS I've been on a Miles binge myself lately, and have all of the Columbia series and the live ones except Montreux and Plugged Nickel (which for some reason is no longer in Borders' catalog) and the Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions.

NICE

You can never have enough Miles. I recommend the book "It's About That Time: Miles Davis On and Off the Record". It's really informative about all his sessions and albums, and a great buying guide.

Cool, I'll be sure to check that out! Though in the past I have been weird about books about musicians. Hell, I'm weird about almost any non-fiction book, I tend to lose interest in the first hundred pages or so.

The exception to this rule is this book, which is so engaging and entertaining I'm thinking of rereading it.

0143036726.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS500_.jpg

Cool, I'll be sure to check that out! Though in the past I have been weird about books about musicians. Hell, I'm weird about almost any non-fiction book, I tend to lose interest in the first hundred pages or so.

The exception to this rule is this book, which is so engaging and entertaining I'm thinking of rereading it.

0143036726.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS500_.jpg

Well a lot of music books, especially jazz, get really academic and boring. The book I was talking about is less of a book and more of a guide, if that makes any sense.

• 1 month later...

Bela Fleck

Perpetual Motion 1 Free

Dave Gahan

Paper Monsters 1 $6.99

Tord Gustavsen Trio

The Ground 1 $6.99

Seiji Ozawa

Bartok: Concerto For Orchestra (SACD Hybrid) 1 $6.99

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

The Hidden Land 1 $6.99

The Roots