Chicago Meet - June 23rd

recstar24

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245614

This is for anyone here who may not have seen the thread on head-fi. All head-casers of course are invited as well! As it states in the thread I am asking for a $15 contribution to help out with the rental fee for the clubhouse. I would love to have all the Ohio gang and whoever else if your willing to make the drive. Anyone from out of town that needs a place to crash, your more than welcome to crash at my place for the night.

The Chicago meet I attended was a blast... I will be up north on vacation at the time of this one though. Have fun guys.

That was the one at Ray's, January 05 correct? I remember seeing you there, I was very new to head-fi so I am sure you don't remember me. That was fun, tons of people showed up. You, Todd_R, tyrion, I remember lots of out of towners, in addition to a slew of local headfiers. Tuberoller was still there as well, go figure :)

That was the one at Ray's, January 05 correct? I remember seeing you there, I was very new to head-fi so I am sure you don't remember me. That was fun, tons of people showed up. You, Todd_R, tyrion, I remember lots of out of towners, in addition to a slew of local headfiers. Tuberoller was still there as well, go figure
Yeah, it was so cool getting to meet everyone. Billy was completely crazy [in a good way], Fred was very cool in person and Mike is a great guy. I had a long discussion about tubes with Todd, and his amp was pretty cool. I think I remember talking to you, but would need visual confirmation to be sure... it was a while back. I also got a chance to meet Kevin Gilmore, who seemed shy at first, but opened up real quick and let his mind be known. I almost walked away with his dynahi prototype still attached to my K271 Studios since it was my first encounter with the Neutrik locking jack.

Kevin was not pleased! ;)

Ray and his family were superb hosts. His wife is a gifted cook, and his daughter... well. :D

Yeah, it was so cool getting to meet everyone. Billy was completely crazy [in a good way], Fred was very cool in person and Mike is a great guy. I had a long discussion about tubes with Todd, and his amp was pretty cool. I think I remember talking to you, but would need visual confirmation to be sure... it was a while back. I also got a chance to meet Kevin Gilmore, who seemed shy at first, but opened up real quick and let his mind be known. I almost walked away with his dynahi prototype still attached to my K271 Studios since it was my first encounter with the Neutrik locking jack.

Kevin was not pleased! ;)

Ray and his family were superb hosts. His wife is a gifted cook, and his daughter... well. :D

Yeah I agree. I do remember Todd's amp, it was that bottlehead sex amp, sounded good with the RS-1's. Kevin was actually pretty cool with me at the meet, who would later admonish me on the boards for my taste in music, but I'm willing to look past that.

The food was great...and yes his daughter is beautiful. In fact she is really fiiiinnnneee.

Actually, I look like a younger Jude. We're both filipino (I think), that's what others have said as well.

you don't know if you're filipino? ;)

Oh be quiet you know what I mean, I'm not sure if its been officially confirmed that Jude is filipino. Man Jacob you sure have been messing with me lately. Maybe that should be my new custom title - has no freaking idea what nationality he is. I guess if you want to be technical, my nationality is American (yee haw apple pie chicago peeezaaah).

Oh be quiet you know what I mean, I'm not sure if its been officially confirmed that Jude is filipino. Man Jacob you sure have been messing with me lately. Maybe that should be my new custom title - has no freaking idea what nationality he is. I guess if you want to be technical, my nationality is American (yee haw apple pie chicago peeezaaah).

Maybe change your screenname to "recstar24 (maybe a filipino but still a prick)" :P

Man that will never get old.

Maybe change your screenname to "recstar24 (maybe a filipino but still a prick)" :P

Man that will never get old.

Man I wish there was a way to properly convey tone and sarcasm on the internet, would really keep me out of trouble.

Jacob, so your coming down for the meet?

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder if it's any good. someone from chicago that attended pipe up on this, please!

Its okay. I got to hear a week before at Chris' place. Wasn't really anything special, my little EC/SS had more drive and opened things up more. The Krell was kind of bland sounding. It's rare though

No I didn't, why? because I'm an idiot. Too buys running around, I literally had maybe 30 minutes of total listening time

Oh ok. I was curious since I just got my stock CD3000 this morning. I invite anyone to hear it in my system, but it's not as tipped up in the treble as most people exaggerate it to be.

It still has some funky things going (mainly midrange and soundstage). I'll have more impressions later.

I listened to the woodied CD 3000's out of my Zana and was impressed. Though fit was hampered by the weight of the wood, the sound was great. I never expected a wide soundstage in a closed can but it was there. I'm not all that good with the description but they were easily among the top 3 I heard at the meet, and kicked the crap out of my Darth Beyers.