New Hampshire Mini-meet for early August

JBLoudG20

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down for a meet that weekend. I think I'm going to a bachelor party in Newport that Friday night, so I would prefer a Sunday meet.

As for hosting I can ask my parents, I'm sure they'd be fine with it unless they were having friends over. They have a huge finished basement that's pretty much empty except for a gym. They live just outside Concord (in Bow) so I think it would be fairly accessible to anyone.

I could offer up my apartment in Hanover, but I'm pretty sure my lease is ending before that.

$100 is looking like the cheapest I can get for a room at a hotel (probably because the hotel is on the Bow/Concord border and not very central to most things). All the ones in Concord are between $120-150.

IMO this is still sort of expensive for 4 people once we factor in food.

But I'm still looking into things :P

Thanks for looking into this. My availability shouldn't change, but the wiring harness in the JEEP I restored this winter/spring caught fire today, and it needs to be rewired... Again. The replacement harness should be here Monday, which means the 11th/12th would be the first chance I'll have to do it. I guess I'll shoot to do that whichever day all of this doesn't go down depending on everyone else's availability.

ROFL lets have a raffle to cover meet costs!

Eh if need be I can cover 50 or so for room and food... its the gas up there that will kill me! :)

Much appreciated JB. I'll try and negotiate a lower rate with Hampton so it's not such a burden.

Ian: I'm leaning towards a Sunday meet. Saturday might not be so good for me since I might not be back in NH until 3 pm-ish.

OH SHIT thats right, the venerable Dac. I need to hear that.

I'll bring:

MSB Digital Link III

SOHA

M^3 (assuming its done by then)

Maaaaaybe the VanTOTL. It's still a work in progress, becuase I am rebuilding the B+ PSU, but It might be fun to comapare to the HA-2, since they use the same tube compliment. Just ignore that low level hum :P

K701

W10VTG