Anyone know the going rate for a used ARC PH3?

Salt Peanuts

I was wondering if anyone knew the going rate for a used ARC PH3 phonostage in a good condition? I've been thinking of selling it and replacing it with a solid state phonostage since it's not exactly the quietest phonostage.

I'm wondering if I can resolve some of the noise issue by replacing the tubes, but I know very little about the design of PH3 and 6922 tubes it uses.

EDIT - I've been looking on A'Gon, but haven't seen any PH3 on there of late.

That looks like a gorgeous phono-stage. Before giving up on it I'd drop in 3 current production JJ tubes and see if it makes it less noisy; they should be $10 each at tubedepot.

If 7DJ8 tubes can be used as a substitute the Tesla 7DJ8s ran a bit quieter than the Tesla 6DJ8s in my amp.

That looks like a gorgeous phono-stage. Before giving up on it I'd drop in 3 current production JJ tubes and see if it makes it less noisy; they should be $10 each at tubedepot.

If 7DJ8 tubes can be used as a substitute the Tesla 7DJ8s ran a bit quieter than the Tesla 6DJ8s in my amp.

I may give the JJ tubes a try. At $10 a tube, it's worth a shot to see if it'll solve the noise issue.

Well, I think I'm going to try out some new tubes (and Herbie's tube dampers - I had forgotten about them) with the phonostage. Time to go look through some 6922 tubes.

Let me know if you need anything tested Haj, I picked up a tester a couple of weeks ago and have the hang of it now. :) I found a couple of bad tubes in my Wheatfield batch, good that I'd never used them but bummer that I bought bad tubes that were supposed to be good. :):(

Let me know if you need anything tested Haj, I picked up a tester a couple of weeks ago and have the hang of it now. :) I found a couple of bad tubes in my Wheatfield batch, good that I'd never used them but bummer that I bought bad tubes that were supposed to be good. :):(

Cool, thanks for the offer, Nate. Hopefully, I won't get the urge to go start looking at some NOS tubes.