There's Something Disturbing About Ultrasone...

postjack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I call bullshit on the "brain burn-in" theory of Edition 9 greatness. I've done plenty of listening with this can since I bought it, and it simply remains what it is. Its strongest point is probably the large size of its soundstage relative to the size of its housing. Next strongest point is the bass. The midrange is still tonally flat and cold (not cool, but cold). Highs are erratic and out of control at best: sometimes they are bright, sometimes they are muddled and dark, sometimes they are okay. I think purk and others are right when they say you are better off with an HD650 with a nice aftermarket cable, as you get a similar darkish sound and nice bass (not as nice as the ed.9, but still nice) without all the midrange sterility and inconsistent treble of the ed. 9.

Having said all that, I still remain firm that these are very attractive phones, and if you were to wear them out to Starbucks I'm sure you could get laid superfast with hot womens, or sexy mens for that matter. :)