Dota: anyone wanna play?

gloco

Who are the easier heroes to start off with? I think we have a good group of us that will be getting together to play this on LAN. Today I played mostly as Lina (summon slayer), but still found it pretty tough. Her ult nuke spell is great, but we just couldn't work well enough as a team to make it effective (I was laneing with a sniper most of the time). I prefer ranged hero. Thanks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the easier heroes to start off with? I think we have a good group of us that will be getting together to play this on LAN. Today I played mostly as Lina (summon slayer), but still found it pretty tough. Her ult nuke spell is great, but we just couldn't work well enough as a team to make it effective (I was laneing with a sniper most of the time). I prefer ranged hero. Thanks.

I dunno man, I can play most heros because I understand the concept behind them. Hmm, a easy hero would be.. I dunno.. try Ogre Magi.. mass stuns, or you could do autoattack heros like Razor (he is really.. cheap.. and I hate playing against him)

Personally I really like Axe, Jaina (Crystal Maiden).. those 2 are great imo

I dunno man, I can play most heros because I understand the concept behind them. Hmm, a easy hero would be.. I dunno.. try Ogre Magi.. mass stuns, or you could do autoattack heros like Razor (he is really.. cheap.. and I hate playing against him)

Personally I really like Axe, Jaina (Crystal Maiden).. those 2 are great imo

I will try the Ogre Magi, stuns is just what I need :)

Just got through 2 in-houses last night (4v4). It was fun. Lost the first game, won the second. Ogre Magi Multi's are hilarious to watch.

Now regarding Ogre Magi, I don't think he's a great hero to start off with. You'll die alot as he has no real escape.

Seems like people like Lina. Gloco was using Lina when he first started, which I still don't think is a good hero to start with.

You'll die alot as he has no real escape.

This is just my opinion.. but WTF do you mean :kitty:

When I was very noob, I always go.. hm.. OMG A GANK... *stun.. ignite.. bloodlust.. run away~~~~~*

and most of the time it worked.. lol

You get to stun enemies, slow them, and run away faster~ lol

Note: As he levels up, he has a rediculous amount of mana and hp.. especially hp.. which is rare on an int hero.

I have a problem, my War3x isn't in my registry since I copy and pasted it from my desktop when Vista didn't let me install it. I might have to reinstall and patch it up again since there's a new patch.

I'll list some of my best heros, but I must say.. I get really rusty after not playing them for a month.

Axe - great tank

Techies - have fun with my mines, try to gank me and you'll die

Ogre Magi - my luck has never failed me when it comes to multicast

Luna - great damage dealer

Razor - good hp regeneration and damage

Lina Inverse - mass nukes

Troll Warlord - fast attack speed + nice bash

Morph - overpowered with the stats imbalance

Crystal Maiden - iceblock + attack is very effective early game

Sniper - assassinate non-stop with high mana regeneration

Sven - stun + ult + stun = dead

Dragon Knight - mass hp regeneration + mana regain for great nukes

Averus - once I get my items, I become very powerful and able to push 2-3 towers in a row

Phantom Assassin - can be either a great tank or a crit-dmg dealer

Mercurial - very good at escaping ganks or helping someone gank

Huskar - near impossible to die once the heal-over-time spell is activated

Enchanterss - same as Huskar, and a cheap atk/ult

The above heros should be good when played right, but can become completely useless (such as Techies) when used incorrectly.

Ok, I'm done here.. probably more heros I'm good with such as Void, but he isn't worth mentioning due to the fact that anyone can do well with him as long as the items are right. I was probably good with these heros at one time, but I can't do much if I don't play them much.

I haven't dotaed in a while, try Battle Tanks... could be a refreshing change.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I play under Laxx, but rarely sign on these days. The guys from HF stank.

I'm even worse :-[

I'm Bangra_Hero on USEast.

ive played with some of you guys from Headfi...ive been playing DOTA again....using Clinkz....ya i know he got nerfed.

Im playing under HighLife....

DPS heroes are fun.