Cincinnati nuclear contamination zone clear for a meet?

Happy Camper

Would there be any interest in getting a meet up and running? Would be willing to travel to Columbus if easier for all. Seems like a lot of Ohio heads just waiting for a music party.

This area seems to be taboo since the whole Mikey1 party got pissed on. Really would like to hear some serious rigs to know in what direction to continue my home hp project. So far I have a SP Platinum and 701s. I am wanting to listen to some sources & hps to find out my sound before spending $$$ for a decent component. I just need some folk to show off some primo gear.

we've actually had several meets since the debacle a couple years ago (i'm assuming that's what you are referring to, when i politely asked ray to not attend my meet, and it became a clusterfuck), but i don't know who is left in Cincinnati is still doing the headphone thing. you are welcome to come over and hear my speaker system sometime, and try out my Audio Aero Capitole Mk II with your headphone rig, but i dumped my headphone system a month ago.

This is indeed the 5 page thread that I so sickly read through an realized the angles and biased character of the Head-Fi staff. Good to you for standing your ground and glad to have found this place. I may take you up on the offer but the Aero was "just a bit outside" my budget. Perhaps more of a $2k variety.

Now that I have found this site, I'll await the next effort and see if I could tag along. I emailed Jude for advice on a meet gathering in the Cin. market with no response. Of course the site went down just after that. Perhaps his response is what caused the crash >:D.

Thank you folk for responding. Will keep my eyes open.

• 8 months later...