To buy MacBook now or wait for next update

As some of you already know, my iBook has been going through a slow and painful death the last couple of months (it can now only stay powered on - if I turn it off or put in sleep mode, it may not boot up again for couple of hours). As much as I don't really need one, a MacBook would make things so much more convenient, especially with my continuing ed classes going at least through July.

The question is, should I get one now or wait until the next update? Past history suggest that MacBook isn't due for any update for few months, but with the recent introduction of MacBook Air, that may change. Any suggestions? Any of you know about any imminent updates/changes to MacBook that rest of us don't know about?

Just watch apple store refurbs for a while and find a refurb mb. I've done that twice with great success, in addition to the powerbook g4, imac g5, and mac mini duo.

As some of you already know, my iBook has been going through a slow and painful death the last couple of months (it can now only stay powered on - if I turn it off or put in sleep mode, it may not boot up again for couple of hours). As much as I don't really need one, a MacBook would make things so much more convenient, especially with my continuing ed classes going at least through July.

The question is, should I get one now or wait until the next update? Past history suggest that MacBook isn't due for any update for few months, but with the recent introduction of MacBook Air, that may change. Any suggestions? Any of you know about any imminent updates/changes to MacBook that rest of us don't know about?