new speakers

Jbucla2005

Wow, the new speakers look pretty sweet. :D Good speakers are more enjoyable than headphones in my opinion (comfort, feeling, and sound). But setting up the right rig takes so much money. And there are room limitations too. :P

Now get a real amp! >:D

My luxman is only 30 watts/channel but its all tube and its got a beautiful warm sound and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I agree the 1C's might be slightly happier with a bit more power but I think I am okay since the recommendation amplification is 20 to 100 watts.

My luxman is only 30 watts/channel but its all tube and its got a beautiful warm sound and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I agree the 1C's might be slightly happier with a bit more power but I think I am okay since the recommendation amplification is 20 to 100 watts.

Ah cool, it looked like some old vintage reciever to me, thus the comment.

Congrats man!!!

Just some advice I am dealing with or learned..

dont take it to seriously cause youll get stuck on just listening to them to see if the setup/acoustics is good enough all the time and after that youll just shut them down cause your pissed...youll never be happy if you listen to critcal all the time.

Room Acoustics is your god,food,and woman...But I warn you once you start looking to date the acoustics or mess with them you can easily end up with what I wrote above..

just enjoy them man...sit back for hours on end and do nothing but listen! I love doing this at night with all the lights off and falling into this weird sleep but up state...

Speakers do Rule..congrats man enjoy them and of course listen to enjoy!

You are right about not being too critical, it can ruin everything. But I do want to start naming off good qualities about the Vandies, at the same time though I just want to sit back, rest, enjoy the music and knowing that these speakers will be with me for a long time. I am addicted to the warmth, richness, and the neutrality. It doesn't make me want to get all excited but rather it makes me want to sink back into my seat and smile and be at ease. It's a very relaxing thing, I think they are a great speaker for jazz. My next planned upgrade is silver speaker wire to tighten things up a bit. If I do anything after that it will be gaining a little additional power for them. I auditioned them with 50 watts but I only have 30. It works fine but the sound is not as tight and forward as it was in the audition room. Recommended is 20-100 watts so I should be ok though, maybe all I need is the silver wire upgrade?

Not complaining! Although being a big fan of silver wire in conjunction with tubes, I have to say I can't wait to get it. It is true upgradatitis continues forever, but part of the fun is in the journey I guess.