Headcase "artists choice" cd exchange program...join today!

bhd812

Here is an idea I had...

Idea..

I picked up a cd this mourning called "Artists choice, Norah Jones.. the music that matters to her" at the Starbucks in my side job. it is basically a CD with 14 tracks of music that means a lot to Norah Jones, some tracks are from Billie Holiday to Johnny Cash.

on the way home I thought this was a great Idea, to make a cd with a bunch of tracks with music the matters to you, or at least something you listen to a lot. since Headcase is pretty small I think we here can do something like this but for ourselves to exchange to other members here. We all know each others Internet personality and each others gear we use..but we don't know the music we listen to.. so what if we could come up with little exchange program of sorts.

How it may work..

Say 10 people agree to do this..

you (you the head case reader) pick a bunch of music tracks that either mean a lot to you or something you listen to alot. burn the tracks on 9 cds and send them out to the other 9 people who agreed to do it. then you receive a cd from the other 9 people with their own "artists choice" cd's also.....

why do it....

Regardless of the gear we talk about, the gears point to to reproduce music. the music we listen to is the start of anything we are here for, this can be an chance to not only listen to some music samples from other members but learn about an artist or musical type we never thought of ourselves. the idea of picking up new music is well worth the small price of time and shipping now?

who up for it?

well?

I am shooting an idea here...its up to you all to see if it sticks.

even if one ther person wants to get in that can be 15+ new songs from bands/artists I never thought of...which can lead me into directions of my listening ways...

I've done this on a local off-road forum, and it worked out very well. It was a lot of fun to be exposed to different people's tastes. The one suggestion I'd make is this... send CD's out w/ out a track list so you have to listen before being able to make any judgements. Once someone's listened, they can PM requesting the track list.

[edit] And if it wasn't clear, I'd defnitely be interested. [/edit]