Anyone in the UK using a Zerosurge or Brickwall surge protector ?

Spiug31

Is anyone in the UK using a Zerosurge or Brickwall surge protector ?

I've asked zerosurge and they say they can fit it for 240v, (though with the standard US plug type and receptacles,) if anyone in the UK is using one of these I'd be greatful for some feedback on your experiences.

:I know only a few of the members are UK residents but am ready to be suprised by relevant insights :):

This will be for protecting the beta22, mini-dac and any other audio related goodies I later acquire.

I'm currently looking at getting a http://www.zerosurge.com/HTML/modsres.html 1MOD15WI

thanks

You are actually entertaining the possibility of using, just because it'll be set for 230v+/-10v, a surge protector with the entirely wrong kind of physical socket on it for the country's electrical goods?

If I haven't got that concept entirely round the twist, then you're completely mad, buy a different product (one that will work). It's not as though there's a shortage of power bricks out there.

It's not as though there's a shortage of power bricks out there.

There aren't many that show up on searches for "linear mode surge suppresor" using google and filtering for the UK.

-edit- I've just spotted a FURMAN PL-8-E II which at a

cheaper price may well be what I'm looking for :)

At least with this design the connecting plugs will all be rated for 240V.

I thought Lucas made all of that kind of stuff for the UK. :eek:

who is Lucas ?

If there are other recommended surge protectors that don't interfere with audio equipment please let me know