Exemplar audio DAC, anyone seen this?

CD44hi

John is making two DAC's. This one is his inexpensive DAC. I heard it at CES this January, it is a real over achiever, although I'd take an Exemplar 2900 over his baby DAC. His more expensive DAC is one of the best sounding DAC's (Redbook only) that I've heard. You certainly have to spend significantly more than $10,000 to get better.

I've mentioned to John that he needs to update his web site. He says it's "in the works". It is drastically out of date. It shows the 2900. He's been modding the 3910 for almost two years now.

FYI there is an exemplar denon 2900 on audiogon for $1600 right now.

Yeah, I know, saw that too. That is a sweet deal indeed. I guess I have been hoping to get a modded denon with balanced outs. For that I think I have to go with the 3910. I think they are selling for about twice as more in the used market.

Having said that, if I wanted to get a good single ended player, this would be the one to go for on A'gon

John is making two DAC's. This one is his inexpensive DAC. I heard it at CES this January, it is a real over achiever, although I'd take an Exemplar 2900 over his baby DAC. His more expensive DAC is one of the best sounding DAC's (Redbook only) that I've heard. You certainly have to spend significantly more than $10,000 to get better.

I've mentioned to John that he needs to update his web site. He says it's "in the works". It is drastically out of date. It shows the 2900. He's been modding the 3910 for almost two years now.

And how much that big brother DAC is going to go for :D

IF you have to ask, you can afford it LOL....

I have heard an Exemplar 2900, it is really sweet sounding.

Yeah exemplar does offer balanced outs on the 3910 and 5910. Price for the balanced 3910 is $5600.

phew, so that one used 3910 on audiogon all of the sudden doesn't look too bad at $3.2K, heh....

my guess is that it probably sold already..... yes, it probably sold already....

yes, it probably sold already...... yes, it probably sold already......... yes, it probably sold already

.... yes, it probably sold already........ yes, it probably sold already.... :o:D

phew, so that one used 3910 on audiogon all of the sudden doesn't look too bad at $3.2K, heh....

my guess is that it probably sold already..... yes, it probably sold already....

yes, it probably sold already...... yes, it probably sold already......... yes, it probably sold already

.... yes, it probably sold already........ yes, it probably sold already.... :o:D

When can I come over and hear it? >:D