IDE-to-SATA adapter?

Probably cheaper and easier to put the drive in a USB caddy. Only parts that I've seen which would do what you need would be PCI IDE controller cards. Never heard of a PATA-SATA adapter and if such a thing exists it'd probably be a card mounted solution too. The two interfaces are different in how they work rather than just being different kinds of connector.

So I take it no-one disrecommends any of these, so I might as well go for whatever I feel like -- the cheapest, or one of the cheapest, since many of them go for $9-$12.

Dan/Todd -- what was that product that made your IDE or SATA device into a USB device...except without the case? I'm thinking I should at least get the same manufacturer, since you're both happy with that product.

On second thought, you're right, I should just by another burner, and either put this in my older box or sell it off...anyone want an IDE lightscribe DVD burner?

That sounds like a good plan since burners are so cheap. If you do get the adapter let us know how it goes. I never did try an adapter like that. Just wondering if you would get errors while burning your discs since the adapter is there.

Well, I didn't realize DVD burners had gotten so cheap. I mean, on the order of that first adapter I posted. Heck, I might even spring for one that has Blu-Ray capability, since I'm this close (holds fingers this much apart) to buying the 30" monitor.

So: no, I probably won't be getting the adapter.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Well, I didn't realize DVD burners had gotten so cheap. I mean, on the order of that first adapter I posted. Heck, I might even spring for one that has Blu-Ray capability, since I'm this close (holds fingers this much apart) to buying the 30" monitor.

So: no, I probably won't be getting the adapter.

Yup, no kidding. They are really cheap. Good move on not getting the adapter since that may give you read/write errors when reading or burning a disc.