MAX BALANCED

Luco

Well I finally got my Max Balanced yesterday :dance:, though now I have to wait till my balanced cables and my source burn in >:( so I cant provide any comments on the sound yet. I do like crossfeed however. Alas, no pics either as my digital camera is travelling in Europe at the moment, but it will be back in a few weeks.

I was wandering if theres any way to check if my system (Esoteric DV-60, then the Max) is in phase.

HD700s. Since I can?t travel in time, I?m stuck with the HD650s for the time being. I have the balanced Zu Mobius already, but I suspect the balanced Equinox that I?ll be receiving in a fortnight will do a better job.

Wouldn?t it be funny if the HD700s can?t be used with the 600s cables?

I have the balanced Zu Mobius already, but I suspect the balanced Equinox that I?ll be receiving in a fortnight will do a better job.

A few weeks ago I had a small gathering at my house to listen to various bits of gear. One thing in particular that we wanted to look at was this pile of stuff and see what we thought sounded the best...

large.jpg

From the two guys that spent the most time with all three 650s and cables the consensus was that the Cardas opened up the top end the most, but at the detriment to some of the midrange while the Zu and Equinox were so close it was hard to tell a difference back to back. I didn't personally do much back to back listening but I currently own a Zu and Cardas Senn cable and I must admit that I prefer the Zu by a good margin.

And congrats on the sweet amp! I spent a good bit of time with a maxed out Home at the last Boston Meet and it remains one of the best amplifiers that I've heard.

Nate

As long as there’s a way to make the HD700s balanced. That’s all that matters.

With the unbalanced cables, I thought the Equinox had better bottom end and soundstage width than the Zu. Hopefully the same is true of the balanced versions.