av123 x-head

Dusty Chalk

Not new - Blutarsky had one for a while and we listened to it - the sound was not bad, nothing special but on par with other $150 amps. I posted some blurb about it on the other forum a few months ago, and I recall it sounded better with some phones than others. I think I liked the CTH, EF1 and Travagans amps a little better. If I recall it also didn't like to drive two low impedance phones at the same time, like my Sq Wave (but the Amphora can do it no problem).

Not new - Blutarsky had one for a while and we listened to it - the sound was not bad, nothing special but on par with other $150 amps. I posted some blurb about it on the other forum a few months ago, and I recall it sounded better with some phones than others. I think I liked the CTH, EF1 and Travagans amps a little better. If I recall it also didn't like to drive two low impedance phones at the same time, like my Sq Wave (but the Amphora can do it no problem).

Pretty much spot on IMO. I have one of these, got it used (opened, but unused; someone got it as a throw-in to a speaker deal from AV123).

A CK2III I had sounded a lot better, for not much more $....