Starting an online business......

KenW

Well, the wife came to me this morning and tells me she wants to start an online business. Needless to say I know next to nothing about getting started, whats' involved and most importantly how much money this is gonna cost me to put together for her. Wonder if anyone here has experience with such a thing and can give me any advice?

Why don't you ask Jude? :P

Uh huh. Can I tell him you referred me? Getting any sort of response from him is nothing short of a miracle. Responding to PM/email is not his forte.

You know...I might just buy that book but she'll never read it. Instead, she depends on me to read and instruct. I don't think she's ever read a set of instructions in her life. Scary thing is that she's all excited about internet business. Now that I'm aware of her intent, I've put my foot down in that she shares no information or enters into any agreement with ANY company/group until I've given it a green light. She's a good business woman...but I worry about the internet side of things. Just trying to figure out when I'll have time to read that stupid book if I buy it!

Uh huh. Can I tell him you referred me? Getting any sort of response from him is nothing short of a miracle. Responding to PM/email is not his forte.
You can do anything you want, but you should know that I was joking with that response. I'm sure he has his hands full with paying clients. Why would he waste time giving away advice for free?

You can do anything you want, but you should know that I was joking with that response. I'm sure he has his hands full with paying clients. Why would he waste time giving away advice for free?

I knew your response was "tongue-in-cheek" hence my question about using you as a reference. As for his advice, well, I doubt I'd really get much help as you pointed out. Frankly, I don't see why my wife is so intent on some internet business. It's not as if we're hurting for cash and both of us work our backsides off. When would she have the time and with what energy would she deal with the internet business? This whole thing is silly IMO but hey, she's a big girl. As long as I don't get roped into participation, I'm good.