Audio Card Recommendation Needed

Augsburger

Ok, in true Head Case fashion I have decided I need a higher end audio card for my office system. Currently I am running windows XP foobar and iTunes out via usb to my PS Audio balanced dac. The PS Audio dac will sample out to 192 but as you know usb will only go to 96K and I can't seem to get ASIO4all to load onto my computer so the better solution would seem to be to spend some moolah and just take a great leap forward. I am currently acquiring more and more 192K music files so I would like to experience the full extent of what my office system can offer while I am still alive.

It seems that Lynx sound cards are highly regarded and can output 192K. There is the Lynx AES16e-SRC, and the Lynx AES16e and the

Lynx AES16. Which would you recommend to do the job or would you recommend any particular RME sound cards? Or something else?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Colin is the Musiland Monitor 01 USD simply a USB to spdif converter, or is it actually a soundcard to be connected to the computer via USB, then spdif into the outboard DAC.

I ask because once my Buffalo32 is built I'll have the same need.

What is the difference?

Icarium,

Thanks for the suggestion, it is greatly appreciated. My goal is to have the best most accurate feed from my computer to my balanced dac, to my limited knowledge that means finding some gear that outputs bit perfect from my computer to my dac. My understanding is that with usb to spdif converters the signal is converted but the signal is not converted to a bit perfect signal. So in order to to output a bit perfect signal from my computer to my dac I need 192k output capable sound card, eg Lynx or RME.

The only thing that matters is jitter + drivers and how painful they are/supported they are.

And frankly while jitter is audible to me the driver thing is more important to me personally.

That being said I've found used prices on the RME 9652 to be my sweet spot. That musiland thing though might be a great deal I should pick one out to shootout esp since my filthy hagusb is flaky these days.