K340 Resurrection Fail

mypasswordis

Uh yeah, so I'm failing pretty hard at figuring out why the right channel doesn't make sound. I checked the DCR from each tab of the dynamic driver (which is hooked up to the electret, yes I did mod them so it's not run through the electret into the dynamic driver anymore) and it measures correctly, around 330 ohms. Measured from driver tab to tip/ring and it measures the same. The hell am I doing wrong here?:P I resoldered the tabs just to make sure, still to no avail, and it's always the right channel, and not the left.

What cable are you using? If its the stock cable the diameter of the plug may interfere with a flange around the jack on some amps. As anohter guess at the same problem for a different reason, is the TRS jack lined up properly with the panel? When the plug isnt all the way in, the left channel plays the right signal, and right does nothing.

I.. don't even know how I'd go about moving the voice coil around without destroying everything so I hope that's not it.

Yeah I'm still using the stock cable. I've tried it on a couple of receivers and the headphone out of my 0404 USB, all with nothing out of the right channel, even when I try to jam the plug in there all the way or roll it around. I used to get intermittent sound, at least.

Couple of notes:

1) I'm pretty sure I have the bass light variety.

2) These are a lot more efficient than my orthos.

3) They don't suck as bad as I thought a semi-closed dynamic would. In fact they may actually sound good after a bit more modding. Might be the electrets?

3) Everything sounds better on vinyl.

4) I need to fix my Concept CE-H now but don't have any more crap headphone cables to solder on. Time to buy cheap vintage headphones for the cables.

5) I need to finish the JFET amp and make sure not to blow anything else up.

6) But it's time to make a recording first.