Thought this may be fun and useful:

I'll start with my Sazerac Recipe:

1 tsp Cane Sugar (I prefer Turbinado)

2 drops Peychaud bitters

1 tsp Water

2 drops Angostura Bitters

1 cup Cracked Ice

2 oz Rye (or Bourbon in a pinch)

1 tsp Herbsaint or Absinthe (I prefer Herbsaint)

Lemon Twist

In a shaker, muddle the sugar, water and Peychaud bitters. Add Angostura bitters, ice and rye (bourbon). Shake gently until well chilled. Pour Herbsaint or Absinthe into an old fashioned glass. Swirl to coat glass insides and bottom and pour out excess. Strain drink mixture into glass and add lemon twist. Sit back in the rocking chair on the front porch ad enjoy. If you get really good (or drunk) you can coat the glass by holdng it between your hands and spinning it quickly up into the air and then catch it as it returns downward, all without spilling the Herbsaint/Absinthe or breaking the glass.

I like the idea of this thread. It offers a most appriciable venue for the tweeking of stock recipes.

My preferred Negroni:

2 measures Campari

2 measures Rosso Vermouth

3 measures Hendricks gin

1 squirt Angostura Bitters

Ice cubes

Orange zest

Orange wedge

Mix the Campari, Rosso and Gin and bitters in a large tumbler. Stir well.

Add the ice cubes (don't splash) and wedge of orange. Zest the orange over the drink.

Why I like it this way:

I like the extra measure of gin for potency and I spec 2/2/3 rather than 1/1/1.5 for measures because the drink lasts longer. Extra potency can be achieved for those who aren't gin lovers by using one part vodka to two parts gin, keeping to the balance of the original recipe but with a little extra kick. I don't like to shake everything up in a cocktail mixer. Partially because it isn't needed in order to mix and can as they say "bruise" the gin, but particularly because doing so tends to means adding the ice at the start in order to cool the mixture. The ingredients should be cold to begin with, the ice is there to maintain the temperature of the drink, not to facilitate it. Give the orange wedge a good stabbling with a fork and a slight squeeze if you fancy more of the orange juice in to the mix.

To keep this thread going, I decided to post my Sazerac recipe which happens to be pretty similar to Morphsci's. :palm:

Sazerac:

2 ounces of Rye (I usually use Sazerac 6yr)

Absinthe (I have been using St. George)

2 dashes Peychaud's bitters

2 dashes Angostura bitters

1/4 ounces of simple syrup (1:1 sugar to water)

2 large ice cubes

lemon peel

In a medium sized glass, simple sugar, bitters, rye and ice cubes. Stir until chilled. In another glass (small old fashioned or something similar), pour a small amount of absinthe and swirl to coat the inside and bottom. (You are supposed to dump out the excess but I usually don't as long as I don't pour too much). Strain rye mixture into glass, twist lemon peel over drink (add peel to the drink if you so desire). Enjoy!