Big Green Egg-Case

tyrion

• 1 year later...

Update on my Smoke Daddy.  I've had problems with pellets not maintaining burning and going out in the middle of the cook and I've had to relight it a lot.  I ended up leaving the bottom open and putting an ash catcher and ceramic tiles around the bottom area, and put a small fan to direct a little bit of air to feed it.  Worked really well.  Too well, in fact with pellets, really burned through them fast.  So I tried smaller pieces of apple wood chunks, since there are a lot of smaller chips, slivers, and small chunks in a bag of wood chunks that go to waste normally.  So the forced air fueling the Smoke daddy with solid wood chunkettes seems to work the best.  I got a really nice smoke ring on my last Pulled Pork smoke. 

It does get my Smoke Daddy blazing hot, though, so hopefully it holds up to this method.  It's kind of a miniature offset smoker this way.  If I had it to do over again, I'd have a coffee can sized smoker attachement made from Stainless steel rather than a thick aluminum tube the size of a pint glass.