June 11, 201313 yr Author comment_581859 I think you get as big as you can fit and afford. I needto head over to Costco to load up on pellets. Report
June 11, 201313 yr comment_581901 Definitely don't have room for both a larger Traegers and the Keg. I think I might try giving the Smoke Daddy another chance, this time I'll use all pellets in it instead of wood chips. Report
July 4, 201412 yr comment_643662 Update on my Smoke Daddy. I've had problems with pellets not maintaining burning and going out in the middle of the cook and I've had to relight it a lot. I ended up leaving the bottom open and putting an ash catcher and ceramic tiles around the bottom area, and put a small fan to direct a little bit of air to feed it. Worked really well. Too well, in fact with pellets, really burned through them fast. So I tried smaller pieces of apple wood chunks, since there are a lot of smaller chips, slivers, and small chunks in a bag of wood chunks that go to waste normally. So the forced air fueling the Smoke daddy with solid wood chunkettes seems to work the best. I got a really nice smoke ring on my last Pulled Pork smoke. It does get my Smoke Daddy blazing hot, though, so hopefully it holds up to this method. It's kind of a miniature offset smoker this way. If I had it to do over again, I'd have a coffee can sized smoker attachement made from Stainless steel rather than a thick aluminum tube the size of a pint glass. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.