HiFiMan HM 60x?

CarlSeibert

I agree, the HM-602 sounds great but the UI is not very good. My main gripe is that it doesn't seem to play my music in the proper order unless I add track numbers to the front of the file names. If I recall it also doesn't support gapless playback.

The tone of the amp reminds me a little of my Pico Slim (and HM-801) but with a little less extension, and it's not aggressive sounding like some amps. I also think the 801 has a little better micro-detail and ambience, and maybe a little better extension than the 602. It sounds best to me with music stored on the internal memory or SD card, while the USB DAC is not as good. The 801 as a coax DAC is about as good as music on the SD card, beating the USB DAC on the 602 or 801. Both units can play 16/48 files from USB or 24/96 files from flash memory, but the 602 down-samples the hi-res files to 24/48 first. The 602 being smaller is much more portable than the 801, and it can run off of a universal cigarette lighter adapter when set for the proper voltage. The 801 needs a special PSU, and is too big for carrying around.