Battlefield 3

Edwood

The Co-op missions are a missed opportunity. They should've at the least allowed more than 2 players, like at least 4.

Even better, the Co-op missions could've been expanded into a different Multi Player scenario. The Fire in the Sky mission, several people fly in the choppers, the rest on the ground. Other team could be the opposition. So it's basically the same as the Co-op scenario, except no AI. It's all people playing.

So instead of just bombing generic M-Com stations or Conquest, you can have more scripted objective based maps. With 64 people, it would entirely be possible and a lot of fun.

Awesome ideas. I totally agree. There's a few maps...I still haven't memorized their names...that simply don't work IMO with certain game modes and arguably one or two game modes that have no business being in a BF game at all but thankfully we can all set the filters on the browser for whatever we want.

Easy example: Last night I made the mistake of going into Operation Metro and there was about 48 people in that...I think it was consquest or rush because I saw A,B,C points and all that but guess what? It simply didn't matter because it was a broken experience. Nothing but a grind fest and I couldn't even call it a stalemate because of course the team I came on sucked and therefore I quit pretty fast. It was just spawn and get killed and a meat grinder. Total waste of time.

I will never go into Operation Metro again with that many people, regardless of situation.

^^ That's what I was talking about earlier, folks. I have a very low BS tolerance. wink.png

Eric5676: I get what you are saying, but what I wanted was in BF2 and not in BF3. I get that it's all about multiplayer, but not everyone has the time or desire to play online with others. Why take that feature away? Surely with all the advancements in processing power and coding, making a decent AI in BF3 would not have been too much to ask.

Fair enough but I guess the devs figured they'd spend the bulk of the resources on what the series is really all about and what makes it sell.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a person that greatly favors single player games myself. Something like this is an exception to my own rule but will be something that I ultimately play in between other games.

Once Skyrim comes out next week my BF3 playing time is going to be almost nonexistent as an example. So I'm very sympathetic to what you're saying, believe me. smile.png

Edited by Eric5676

Who knows if we'll ever play together, but I added both Eric and Edwood. It's funny, none of you play support, and that is strictly my class. I'm currently trying to unlock all the weapons/upgrades for this class.

I just like spraying bullets... =D

Recently upgraded video card to a Radeon 6950 with 2GB DDR5. Have it set mostly on "High" with Textures and some FX set to "Ultra".

I was really tempted to go with the XBox version since it's console gamers are easier to play against, than PC gamers it looks like so far. I was doing much much better in the XBox beta.

But for the PC it's hands down, the best looking FPS. In the World.

I got the same card as well, Runs like a dream. Mine is an XFX brand, and it is pretty darn quiet even when running the game. You have to be within a foot of the case to hear it. As for "it is easier on consoles" comment, this is because, to my understanding, console versions tend to have aim assist.

Edited by screaming oranges

Who knows if we'll ever play together, but I added both Eric and Edwood. It's funny, none of you play support, and that is strictly my class. I'm currently trying to unlock all the weapons/upgrades for this class.

I just like spraying bullets... =D

I got the same card as well, Runs like a dream. Mine is an XFX brand, and it is pretty darn quiet even when running the game. You have to be within a foot of the case to hear it. As for "it is easier on consoles" comment, this is because, to my understanding, console versions tend to have aim assist.

For me it's easier killing others because I use the XIM3. Usually I turn aim assist off if possible, since it usually cocks up my aim.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...