Porcupine Tree new album info

deepak

All taken from another forum:

Fear of a Blank Planet

01-06-2007

Roadrunner Records and Atlantic USA have officially announced the release of the new Porcupine Tree album "Fear of a Blank Planet" in mid April. The album features six (mostly lengthy) tracks, and is the band?s most ambitious and cohesive work to date. Much of it was debuted last year on tour to a rapturous response from fans.

The lyrical content of the song-cycle on the album is a 21st century cocktail of MTV, sex, prescription drugs, video games, the internet, terminal boredom, and subsequent escape.

More news and previews of the album to follow on this site.

Track list:

1. Fear of a Blank Planet (7.28)

2. My Ashes (5.07)

3. Anesthetize (17.42)

4. Sentimental (5.26)

5. Way Out of Here (7.37)

6. Sleep Together (7.28)

17 minute prog track ;D:D:laugh:

I've never listened to Porcupine Tree, what's their story? Prog metal?

I don't really like the Mars Volta because while their compositions are interesting, I feel like that, ultimately, they don't really go anywhere (no real theme, lack of cohesion, IMO of course). Is Porcupine Tree anything like them?

I've never listened to Porcupine Tree, what's their story? Prog metal?

I don't really like the Mars Volta because while their compositions are interesting, I feel like that, ultimately, they don't really go anywhere (no real theme, lack of cohesion, IMO of course). Is Porcupine Tree anything like them?

I really dislike The Mars Volta. Can't stand their singer and the cryptic bullshit they spew.

Porcupine Tree is nothing like them, they actually have a singer that can....sing! And it's more progressive rock than metal. With the exception of a few tracks on Deadwing (which Steven Wilson admitted to being a bit influenced by Opeth after their last side project) most of their music is pretty mellow.

I really dislike The Mars Volta. Can't stand their singer and the cryptic bullshit they spew.

Porcupine Tree is nothing like them, they actually have a singer that can....sing! And it's more progressive rock than metal. With the exception of a few tracks on Deadwing (which Steven Wilson admitted to being a bit influenced by Opeth after their last side project) most of their music is pretty mellow.

Sounds cool, I'll have to check them out. Some iTunes Music Store listening is in order.

• 2 weeks later...

So have you all Porcupine Tree fans checked out the new Blackfield album already? Blackfield II is the name.

I think this is pretty much as good as the first one (= awesome).

To tell you the truth I thought Blackfield I and II were pretty bland by Steven Wilson standards. Lyrically and musically.

• 1 month later...

To tell you the truth I thought Blackfield I and II were pretty bland by Steven Wilson standards. Lyrically and musically.

I take this back. I've heard II a few more times and I really enjoy it.

Also I should have bumped and posted this earlier but Newburry Comics was taking preorders on Fear of a Blank Planet and were offering signed booklets. I hope some of you might have saw this at other forums (Steve Hoffman) and were able to get one. I can't wait till it gets here, less than a month away ^-^