Acoustic Sounds Adds "Super HiRez" DSD Downloads

Voltron

Jonathan Tinn from Playback Designs was telling me there would be some big DSD announcements this summer and fall and this is one of the biggest. Glad to see the Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez store is live on day 1 and that they have a nice variety of music in DSD.  I have not looked into how they have been made and cannot attest to the sound or quality specifically, but I think if Chad Kassem is going this deep into DSD he would do it right for the most part.

SuperHirez_r1_c1.jpg

SuperHirez_r2_c1.jpg

SuperHirez_r3_c1.jpg

SuperHirez_r4_c1.jpg

SuperHirez_r5_c1.jpg

I borrowed a Resonessence Invicta and tried converting some hi-res PCM to DSD to see how it sounded. I think the change in sound I heard is what people have been calling "more analogue". It was definitely less aggressive-sounding than the PCM. Mind you, the Invicta could be described as "cold" in presentation to begin with (but way better and without the hardness compared to your Benchmarks and Lavrys).

I borrowed a Resonessence Invicta and tried converting some hi-res PCM to DSD to see how it sounded. I think the change in sound I heard is what people have been calling "more analogue". It was definitely less aggressive-sounding than the PCM. Mind you, the Invicta could be described as "cold" in presentation to begin with (but way better and without the hardness compared to your Benchmarks and Lavrys).

That could be the choices made during the conversion. See if the smoothness stays after converting back to PCM.